New Orleans Casting Call: February 25, 2018
Male actors only for this audition, please.
How to Prepare:
You do not need to prepare a monologue or read a play/script before you attend auditions. Rather, come in with an open mind and an energetic attitude. Be ready to engage in guided improv scenarios and group interaction.
The typical audition is structured in two parts, consisting of a set of improv skill tests followed by improv scenes in which the actor is provided a set of circumstances and asked to create a cold improvised scene with a partner(s).
What to Expect:
- It is recommended to be 15 minutes early for your scheduled audition time slot.
- Audition time slot groups perform for 15–20 minutes with 5 minutes saved for questions.
- Actors are notified within one week via email with the results of their audition. We contact all actors, whether or not they have been cast into the troupe.
What to Bring:
- A current headshot
- An acting resume — all levels of experience are welcome to audition
What age range do you cast?
Do I need to have improv experience
No experience is required, but it is encouraged.
Do I need to be local to the area?
You should be located within a 25 minute drive of the troupe's city.
Are you seeking union status actors?
No, only non–equity applicants will be considered.
Do you take walk–ins?
Yes, we do allot time for walk–in auditions, however we encourage you to sign up prior to save yourself some times and guarantee your spot.
How does show scheduling work?
Actors submit request for show dates based on their individual availability, with no show minimum required, cast is based on experience and availability.
If I sign up and do no receive a confirmation email should I show up to the time slot I selected on the website?
Yes. Also, check your spam or promotions folders because your confirmation email might be hiding in there!
Do you provide actors with costumes and props in performance?
Yes, however the actor may be required to provide some individual pieces.
What are we looking for?
MMC shows are an experience similar to a live, interactive game of Clue. Actors play one of three roles: the detective, femme fatale, or a suspect. Roles rotate depending on availability of actors and experience. Actors perform a mixture of pre-scripted material and spontaneous improvisation.
MMC has two types of shows: public and private. Public shows are performed on a regular basis at a consistent venue. Private shows range from corporate parties to personal celebrations and have a range of locations, which can include gas reimbursements and per diem for travel. Shows perform at various times throughout the week, primarily on weekends.
A rehearsal ranging from 2-4 hours is required the week that you are scheduled for a show. With the exception of a single quarterly mandatory rehearsal, no rehearsal is more than 4 hours in length.
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in a very active environment and the capacity to be invigorated by constant personal interaction
- A high ability to focus and learn new skills while facilitating game dynamics
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers
- A strong presence and ability to command the room
- Observational savvy and quick thinking
- Reliable transportation
What are the advantages of Acting with MMC?
Actor pay ranges from $65–100 per show (depending upon cast roles). Additionally, you can earn show tips, free meals, and travel reimbursement, which means no out of pocket expenses.
All actors undergo our exclusive Grimprov training method focused on increasing improv performance skills and techniques for immersive theatre acting
Be a part of the over a hundred MMC shows a year in the greater New Orleans, LA area, based on your schedule, with no show minimum required.